Starting August 3, the Town of Davie implemented a four-day workweek. Municipal offices are open Monday through Thursday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and are closed Friday through Sunday.
The change offers longer morning and evening hours for members of the community. The Town informed residents that electronic payments and other online services are available seven days a week on the Town website.
The departments and services participating in the new schedule are:
- Town Hall, including the Office of the Mayor and Town Council and Town Clerk’s Office
- Community Services Division
- Davie Fire Rescue/Public Works (Lobby)
- Davie Police Department (Lobby)
- Utilities Department – Administrative and Customer Service Offices.
The Town assured residents that there will be no impact on emergency services from the Town’s Fire Rescue and Police Departments. Also, the Utilities Department will maintain a 7-day workweek. Parks and Recreation facilities, programming and special events will keep their current days and hours. Limited after-hours customer service is available for emergencies only.
The Town also provided a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).