The Florida Municipal Communicators Association (FMCA), a professional network of individuals providing communications leadership and support to Florida’s cities, towns and villages, recently announced the winners of its 2023 Outstanding Awards program.
The 2023 Outstanding Award winners are:
- Communicator of the Year – Lorraine Anderson, Public Information Officer, City of Venice
- Rising Star – Melissa Mickey, Marketing Specialist, City of Cape Coral
- Best Marketing Campaign (population of 20,000 or less) – City of Cocoa
- Best Marketing Campaign (population of 20,001 or more) – City of Port St. Lucie
- Best Podcast – Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau
- Best Publication (population of 20,001 or more) – City of Coral Springs
- Best Use of Social Media – City of Tallahassee
- Best Video External, Collaborative – City of Palm Beach Gardens
- Best In-House Video (population of 20,001 or more) – City of Coral Springs
- Best Web Resource (population of 20,001 or more) – City of North Port.
The association recognized the winners during its 2023 Annual Conference.
“Municipal communicators around the state work incredibly hard to ensure that residents and businesses in their community are well-informed and have access to the opportunities they need to enjoy the highest quality of life,” said newly installed FMCA President Candice Temple, public media relations director for the City of Palm Beach Gardens. “FMCA’s Outstanding Awards program was created to showcase and celebrate those municipalities and individuals who are leaders in communicating with their residents. We are proud to recognize this year’s winners and the positive impacts they’ve made on their municipality.”
Additional information on the 2023 Outstanding Award winners and their work will be available on FMCA’s website at fmcaonline.com.
Founded in 2018, the Florida Municipal Communicators Association is a professional network of individuals who provide communications leadership and support in Florida’s cities, towns and villages. The FMCA offers communications professionals opportunities to learn, share and develop innovative solutions for the municipalities they serve.